Friday, February 18, 2011

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2011


Today I am still fighting that conjestion and the cough keeps lingering on but I have gradually been sewing on my shawl made from a jelly roll.  I am going to put minky on the back and warm n natural batting so it should be super warm.  I used a jelly roll but now discover that I need a half yard of fabric to make the binding.  I did take a couple of pictures today as I was working on it.  Once it the top is finished I have to quilt it and then cut the neck hole and the front out.  I am hoping all goes well with this project.  Here are a couple of my pix from my work so far.



Remeber that Duck Duck Goose monthly BOM I was doing last year?   The beginning pictures are down below and I did finally finish that top in October but I still haven't quilted it.  As you may know that takes some time.  I do some of my own quilting but not like a professional and it does take a toll on the body.  Well here are 2 pictures.  One on the design wall befor the border and the other after the border.

                                            


Now after the border
     
                  Here is a cute little pacifier clip I made but had to luck with so far.  I plan on putting some of them in my selling blog.  I have started listing a few items there.  
                                         

Not a lot going on here in the midwest except that the temperatures are staying up in the 60's and 70's but expected to drop after the first of the week.  NICE!!  I have been staying inside and sewing.  Will maybe get out tomorrow and shop a little?  That is a decision I will have to make as I already have so very much fabric that I won't be able to use it in a lifetime.  Hello to everyone who happens in on my blog I love to read comments from you so feel free to leave them.  :)                 

No comments: