Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tonga Blocks

Today I finally finished my # 6 block of the month on my tonga quilt blocks.  This was block #6 and was the most tedious of all I have made so far.  It had 32 pieces and I must have unsewed each one 2 to 3 times trying to get this one right.  Ribbit, rittit -- I felt like a frog :)  But it did turn out good.




Here are the 6 I have done so far.  This quilt has 10 blocks and lots of finishing pieces.  It will be a queen size quilt and go with my big Tonga pillows.



I did get my shawl pinned ready to quilt today also.  I have the grandkids here while I was pinning but all in all I think it is going to work.  I am putting brown minkie on the back and here it is  all pinned.  My next pix will be the completed shawl on my shoulders.  I have never quilted with Minkie before.  Wish me luck.

No comments: