Monday, March 7, 2011

PROGRESS ON OLD CLOTHING QUILT

This is what I have done so far.  I do have something in my head but am not using a pattern. I got them all ironed and was going to use a pattern that someone on the quilting board suggested.  Well I cut out all the pieces before reading the entire pattern and realized I didn't have enough shirts and needed more dark colors so I had to change paths.  Now I am doing my own pattern and hope it works.  Not sure about some of the pieces not stretching out so am saving them until last.

Here is my middle going across

Pieces sitting next to my machine pinned to sew that go above and below the middle
Pieces all cut up on my messy cutting mat
Oddball  pieces cordurory, thick khaki, & stretch jeans - I am thinking of trying to use these on the outside parts of the quilt

I really didn't get any sewing done today.  Went to DD house and watched the kids and did a little housework and laundry for her.  Then came home and went to the post office to mail a package to Canada.  Hopefully tomorrow will get back to sewing.  Wednesday I am volunteering at the school where my DD teaches.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Fran! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and signing up for my Giveaway. I'm now your newest follower!!
Blessings,
Vicky :0)